‘Adventure Ready’ DNR hunting and fishing licenses available
The Iowa Department of Natural Resources has several new fishing and hunting license options available for 2013 that will help encourage Iowa hunters and anglers to enjoy the outdoors.
According to information provided by Jefferson County recorder Kelly Spees, 10 new licenses are available, and the DNR is promoting four of them under the theme “Adventure Ready.”
Those four licenses are:
• The Bonus Line License, which allows resident and nonresident angles to fish with one additional line — the regular fishing license allows two lines — for $12.
• The Outdoor Combo License is an annual resident hunting/fishing/habitat combo license for $47.
• The Angler’s Special is a three-year fishing license for $53. A license purchased in 2013 will expire Jan. 10, 2016.
• The Hunter’s Special is a three-year hunting license, with habitat included, for $86. A license purchased in 2013 will expire Jan. 10, 2016.
The other new licenses available through the Electronic Licensing System for Iowa are:
• Resident hunting/habitat combo license for $30;
• Resident fur harvester/habitat, age 16 and older, combo license for $33.50;
• Nonresident hunting/habitat, age 18 and older, annual for $123;
• Nonresident hunting/habitat, under age 18, annual for $43;
• Nonresident fur harvester/habitat annual for $213; and
• Nonresident fur dealer, one day, one location, for $252.
Spees said the new licenses will be available Tuesday — two weeks later than the Dec. 15 start date for the rest of the 2013 resident licenses.
The DNR is looking for opportunities to partner with ELSI vendors on promoting the new Adventure Ready licenses, such as a weekly gift card promotion for customers who purchase one of the four licenses.
The DNR also has provided signs and other promotional material to the ELSI vendors promoting the new license options,
For additional information, visit the Iowa DNR website at www.iowadnr.gov.