Application deadline nears for grants
The Fairfield Cultural Alliance is once again offering Cultural Trust Fund mini-grants to nonprofit organizations or individuals sponsored by nonprofit organizations.
The small grants, each under $500, will be awarded to cover expenses incurred through the creation of events or projects that benefit the art and/or culture of Fairfield.
The application deadline is Sept. 30.
After a review, funds will be disbursed in October to the chosen recipients.
Grant applications will be reviewed on:
• Benefit to cultural tourism of Jefferson County.
• Benefit to, and number of residents in Jefferson County who will be affected.
• Past grants to your organization.
• Grants from the Cultural Trust Fund will be used for programming and operations.
• Preference can be given to events/programs within the state-designated Cultural District.
Further information and application forms are available for download at www.fairfieldculturaldistrict.org/trustfund.htm.
The Fairfield Cultural Trust Fund was established in 2006 by the Fairfield Cultural Alliance in collaboration with The Greater Jefferson County Foundation. The goals of the Cultural Trust Fund are to assist qualified organizations in providing cultural, civic, and educational programs, to encourage individual and corporate involvement through gifts and bequests, and to administer and invest funds for the creation of perpetual opportunities and services.