Crop fair planned March 5 in Fairfield
A free crop fair, “Better Information for a More Profitable Operation,” is planned from 9 a.m. to noon March 5 at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds Activity Building.
Those who would like to attend must make reservations by March 1 by calling the Jefferson County ISU Extension Office at 472-4166.
The crop fair will include top experts speaking about some of the newest developments in Iowa agriculture, courtesy of Iowa Soybean Association, Iowa State University, Iowa Corn Growers Association and Iowa Corn Promotion Board.
The crop fair is designed to give farmers direct access to timely information that can help make their operations more profitable.
The agenda for the crop fair will include:
• 9 a.m., “Cover Crops — What Are Your Goals?” by Mark Carlton, ISU field agronomist.
• 10 a.m., “Corn Management in a Dry Year,” by Roger Elmore, ISU corn specialist.
• 11 a.m., “Pythium in Corn and Soybeans,” by Alison Robertson, ISU plant pathologist.
• Noon, free lunch for all crop fair attendees.
• 1 p.m., Private Pesticide Applicator recertification registration.
• 1:30 p.m., Private Pesticide Applicator recertification.