Fairfield First Fridays celebrates spring
Fairfield First Fridays is celebrating spring during its April event setfrom 6-9 p.m. Friday.
Fairfield First Fridays will be set up in Fairfield Nutrition. Spring art will be on display by local artists, including Diana Watt, Jessica Orne, Elaine Duncan and more.
Jefferson County Master Gardeners will be on hand to answer your spring planting questions and help you get ready to start a spring garden. Local gardener, Wanda Sandfire, will discuss some of her personal gardening experience, as well as some garden-related programs available to youth in the community.
Many stores and galleries will be open for the evening, with spring displays, events, and art. A few are:
• Americus Gallery – Christopher Kufner’s large-format photography on archival paper of the Tuscan countryside, original oil paintings, featuring Italian/French landscapes, and figurative works. Also, showing original oil paintings by Kim Kufner, new watercolor and ink paintings by Genevra Bell, pastel farm landscapes by Gordon Kellenberger, art glass vases by David Lotton, leaping koi sculptures by Dale Divoky, and diochroic glass jewelry by Pedro Lujano.
• Carnegie Historical Museum – various historical displays.
• Central Park Furnishings – Fairfield’s Foliba Drum Troupe will perform traditional West African rhythms at 8 p.m. Free.
• Crest Jewel – Reflections of Spring paintings by David Kupferman and Terrence Kennedy.
• Fairfield Art Association – Exhibit in Main Gallery at Fairfield Arts & Convention Center: “FHS Student Art Exhibit,” with a reception from 6-8 p.m.
• Green Building Supply – Maharishi School high school students’s Unconventional Materials Dress Challenge in the showroom windows.
• Henderson’s Gallery & Framing – various artists on display in the main gallery.
• ICON Gallery – In the Main Gallery: “Altered Images: Photographs by David Fleming.” In the Mezzanine: “Anonymous Shiva Linga Paintings.”
• Revelations – paintings by artists Jennifer Blair and John Schirmer, and Peter Clemens’s Yantras.
• Thymely Solutions – Josie Overmeyer, local musician, and Jessica Orne, local artist, will both be displayinh their work
For information, email Marla Brader at email@example.com, call 233-8883 or visit the Fairfield First Fridays website, www.fairfieldfirstfridays.com