‘Fairfield Welcomes You’ in second year
The positive feedback received from recipients of the Fairfield Welcomes You program bags has encouraged the Fairfield Area Chamber of Commerce to continue the program for a second year.
The Fairfield Welcomes You program allows businesses to provide business information, a special offer or a free gift to every family and individual relocating to Fairfield in a Fairfield Welcomes You bag.
According to the chamber staff, not only are the gift bags a wonderful way to welcome people to the community, but the families and individuals also are the best source of new business for companies and the bags help them develop relationships with local providers.
The chamber staff explained some of the reasons new residents are a lucrative target market for any business or professional looking to grow their customer base are:
• New residents have no existing buying loyalties in their new community and are seeking information for products and services they need.
• New residents establish long-term relationships with businesses including home services, restaurants and entertainment, retailers and professionals.
• New residents are optimistic, credit-worthy and powerful spenders in good or bad economic times.
• New residents spend 20 times more than established residents.
• In total, new residents spend approximately $102 billion on move-related goods.
• New residents are proud of their new home and are eager to purchase products and services.
For more information, contact the chamber office by calling 472-2111 or emailing Chamber@fairfieldiowa.com.