Farmers’ opinions valued at Iowa Corn Growers Association policy roundtables
JOHNSTON — The Iowa Corn Growers Association has announced the 2014 farmer roundtable meetings for this July as part of its annual policy development process.
The sessions at all roundtable meetings will include a free dinner.
“The farm roundtable is where any [Iowa Corn Growers Association] member can bring up an issue or a policy we should pursue,” explained Roger Zylstra, ICGA president and a farmer from Lynnville. “Ideas that get a thumbs-up from the roundtable will go on to the ICGA policy conference and can even end up as policy for the National Corn Growers Association. This is your chance to make things happen through ICGA.”
The 2014 ICGA roundtable schedule and locations are:
• July 9, Arnold’s Park, Arnold’s Park Majestic Pavilion, 5-8 p.m.
• July 9, Mason City, Historic Park Inn, 6-9 p.m.
• July 9, Denison, Hillside Grille, 6-9 p.m.
• July 9, West Liberty, West Liberty Community Center, 6-9 p.m.
• July 10, Fayette, Upper Iowa University, 6-9 p.m.
• July 10, Ames, Holiday Inn Conference Center, 6-9 p.m.
• July 10, Red Oak, Red Coach Inn, 6-9 p.m.
• July 10, Bloomfield, Southfork, 6-9 p.m.
• July 14, Virtual Roundtable Webinar. High-speed Internet is required for participation, noon- 2 p.m.
To attend a roundtable, growers are asked to register online at iowacorn.org/roundtables by Sunday.