Friends of library planning book sale, membership drive
Friends of the Fairfield Public Library is having a membership drive in conjunction with its first book sale of 2013 set for Friday and Saturday.
Friends of the Fairfield Public Library is a volunteer organization, with the purpose to support the library and raise funds for necessary purchases outside the library’s budget.
Besides membership drives, fundraising activities include semiannual book sales and Friends of the Library T-shirts. Past sales have paid for many programs and projects such as:
• Security cameras;
• Assisting with the expansion of the library’s CD collection, quadrupling the collection from approximately 600 to 2,400 CDs;
• Outside speakers and author presentations;
• Children’s programs, including Mad Science Day, Story Time, early reading skills development and Family Garden Day;
• Sponsorship of the summer reading program;
• New audio/visual system for the meeting room;
• New staff work station furniture.
Annual membership dues of $10 help support the library in many ways; and members will have early access to the extensive collection of books available at the book sales.
In addition, people can support the library by wearing one of its locally designed T-shirts. A display of T-shirts is at the library.
The book sale at the library will be:
• from 5:30-8:30 p.m. Friday for members of Friends of the Fairfield Public Library only. New members can sign up at the door or at the library.
• from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday for the public.
Contact the library for more information: 472-6551.