Generator exhaust blamed for two accidental deaths
DES MOINES (AP) — Authorities say an accident killed two people whose bodies were found in a Polk County residence on the south side of Saylorville.
The bodies of 26-year-old Raymond Lee Silbaugh III and 42-year-old Alicia Marie Arpy and a dog were found Aug. 23 by deputies sent to check on them. Silbaugh and Arpy were from Des Moines.
The county medical examiner’s office says their accidental deaths were caused by inhalation of combustion products, with elevated levels of carbon monoxide. Investigators suspect the two had been running a generator found inside the residence, which did not have electricity.