Hayne recognized; Tenco presents awards
Hayne nationally recognized for 2013 performance
Darin Hayne of ERA Fairfield Real Estate in Fairfield was awarded a Circle of Honor designation by ERA Franchise Systems LLC, a global franchise leader in the residential real estate industry.
The designation is announced at the end of January with additional recognition at the 2014 International Business Conference, March 24-27 in Los Angeles, Calif.
To qualify for the Circle of Success designation, ERA sales associates or selling-brokers must have achieved 25 total closed units or $50,000 in adjusted gross commission in 2013. Associate or broker teams must have generated 35.5 total closed units or $100,000 in AGC to earn the designation.
Tenco presents annual awards
The Annual Tenco Awards Banquet was held Friday evening at the Ottumwa High School cafeteria. The event honors businesses and industry, civic organizations, benefactors, Tenco staff and Tenco individuals served.
Tenco Executive Director Benjamin Wright presented the awards.
Tenco Individuals Served Awards were presented.
• Top Effort Award, which recognizes individuals for achievements in the areas of personal growth, skill development and movement toward independence: Dakota Gordon, Michael Crossett, Richard Hotz, Nancy Jameson.
• Mitzi Martin Award, which is presented to individuals who have overcome adversity and are an example to all that hard work and determination does indeed lead to personal success: Beverly Rice, Jennifer Droz, Charlie Miller, Tim Svejda.
• Supported Employment Award, which recognizes individuals who are successful in transitioning to employment within the community: Jeremy Aldridge.
• Independence Award, which recognizes individuals who have demonstrated outstanding growth in socialization and becoming more independent in their living situation: Jill Jones, Laura Nichols, Alicia Dossey.
Tenco staff awards were presented.
• Fidelity Award for the reliability, devotion and loyalty portrayed to the community, the individuals Tenco serves and other staff members: Lori Lahvic, Annie Thornburg.
• Image Award for the outstanding reflection and vision portrayed to the community, the individuals Tenco serves and other staff members: Miranda Tucker, Tracy Barnett.
• Allegiance Award for the loyalty, commitment and faithfulness portrayed to the community, the individuals Tenco serves and other staff members: Carrol Franklin, Dixie Merritt.
Community awards were presented.
• Employer of the Year: South HyVee in Ottumwa.
Business Partner of the Year: Nypro, Inc. in Mt. Pleasant, The Sky Factory in Fairfield.
• Community Service: Knights of Columbus Council No. 888.
• Visionary Award: John Deere Ottumwa Works in Ottumwa.
• Exemplar Award: Dr. David and Sheryl North.
Tenco is a nonprofit local corporation currently serving nearly 200 people with disabilities. Founded in 1965, Tenco will soon be celebrating 50 years of service to the people of southern Iowa and throughout the state. To carry out its good work, Tenco has vocational centers in Ottumwa and Fairfield and also provides residential services in Ottumwa, Fairfield, and Keosauqua.