Healthy Kids day camp sign-up begins
Registration is underway for Fairfield Park and Recreation Department’s Healthy Kids day camp sessions scheduled in June and July.
Eight sessions are planned, with different age groups in each session.
Each session will meet from 9 a.m. to noon Monday through Thursday in the Roosevelt Community Recreation Center’s Go Jindy Room on the second floor and rec center’s yard.
The campers will make crafts, play games, turn trash into treasure, swim once a week and go on field trips, all while learning to make healthy choices.
Jean Dorothy, a teacher and director at St. Mary Preschool, will be the instructor, with Luke Hillis as the assistant instructor.
Each session is limited to 12 participants; a minimum of five is needed for a session to be held.
Sessions will be:
• Session 1, June 2-5, for 3- and 4-year-olds.
• Session 2, June 9-12 for 5- to 10-year-olds.
• Session 3, June 16-19, for 3- and 4-year-olds. • Session 4, June 23-26 for 5- to 10-year-olds.
• Session 5, July 7-10, for 3- and 4-year-olds.
• Session 6, July 14-17 for 5- to 10-year-olds.
• Session 7, July 21-24, for 3- and 4-year-olds.
• Session 8, July 28-31 for 5- to 10-year-olds.
The fee is $50 per child per session. No refunds will be given without a doctor’s note. Registration is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
For information and registration, call 472-6159 or visit the website www.fairfieldparksandrec.org.