Fairfield Ledger
http://fairfield-ia.villagesoup.com/p/1059546

Neighbors Growing Together | Oct 25, 2014

Iowa boy dies after being burned by backyard fire

Sep 23, 2013

EARLHAM (AP) — Authorities say a 10-year-old Iowa boy died after he was badly burned while using gasoline to make a backyard fire with his older brother.

The incident happened in the family’s backyard on Saturday near Earlham about 30 miles west of Des Moines.

The Madison County Sheriff’s office says the boy and his 13-year-old brother started a fire with gasoline from the garage. At some point, Chris Allsup poured the rest of the gas on the fire, and the flames engulfed the boy.

Allsup sustained burns on 91 percent of his body. He was flown to Iowa City for treatment but didn’t survive. The boy’s father and grandfather were home at the time of the fire. Their mother was at work.

Comments (0)
If you wish to comment, please login.