Iowa Women in Agriculture annual conference set
“Bridging the Gap, It’s Everyone’s Ag” is the theme of the eighth annual Iowa Women in Agriculture Conference from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. July 29 at the FFA Enrichment Center in Ankeny.
Conference topics will address a range of challenges faced by women in farming today: marketing, financial risk management, estate and transition planning, health insurance and taxes, leasing land, beginning farmer programs, and the care and handling of big data.
Jolene Brown, a West Branch farmer, author, and popular speaker, will tackle the topic of “Who’s Hiding the Humor?”
Scheduled workshops and presenters include:
• Beginning and Advanced Farm Management/Leasing; Don Kearn and Glen Smith, Smith Land Service Co.
• Helping New Farmers Gain a Foothold; Steve Ferguson, Iowa Agricultural Development Authority.
• Maximizing Big Data in Your Operation; Chris Gaesser, Lenox, Iowa, farmer.
• Deciphering Health Insurance & Taxes; Kirk Bond, Accounting and Tax Professionals.
• FarmHer: Updating the Face of Agriculture; Marji Guyler-Alaniz.
• Beginning and Advanced Marketing; Elaine Kub, Kub Asset Advisory.
• Nutrient Management Strategies; Dean Lemke, Agribusiness Association of Iowa.
• Staying in the Know: Ag Finance; Angie Treptow, Farm Credit Services of America.
• Estate Planning Done Right: Your Farm, Your Family, Your Plan; Paul Folkers, Midwest Capital Inc.
A complimentary wine and cheese welcome networking reception will be 5-7 p.m. July 28 at Courtyard by Marriott Ankeny. Conference registration begins at 7:30 a.m. July 29.
The cost of the conference is $70, including the evening welcome reception, continental breakfast, and lunch. Registration is due by July 21. No refunds will be made. All early paid registrants are eligible to win a mini i-pad.
For information, contact IWIA president Deb Schuler at Smith Land Service Co., 712-249-4321 or 712-243-4444 or visit the website www.iowawomeninag.org.