Fairfield Ledger
http://fairfield-ia.villagesoup.com/p/1012192

Neighbors Growing Together | Sep 2, 2014

Kidnap suspect said he didn’t pose danger

Jun 06, 2013

DAYTON (AP) — The man suspected of kidnapping two central Iowa girls last month told the state Parole Board in his three bids for release that his treatment in prison had made him worthy of parole.

The Des Moines Register reports that Michael Klunder argued in his appeals that he no longer was dangerous and that parole would help him adjust back into society more than being released without supervision.

He eventually was released in 2011 under provisions of the state's time-served law.

Police suspect Klunder abducted 15-year-old Kathlynn Shephard and a 12-year-old friend on May 20 in Dayton. The younger girl was able to escape. Klunder was later found dead.

Some of Kathlynn's blood has been found, dampening hopes of finding her alive.

Comments (0)
If you wish to comment, please login.