Mobile Veterans Center to visit
The Jefferson County Commission of Veterans Affairs will host the Mobile Veterans Center from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Aug. 27 in the Sears parking lot.
Troy Lewis from the Cedar Rapids Vet Center will be available to discuss Veterans Administration and vet center services and benefits, provide information about the Mobile Veterans Center and resources for assisting military veterans.
The visit will be for information only; services will not be provided at this time according to Jefferson County Veterans Affairs Director Ray Chambers.
Lewis will provide information about:
• Individual and group counseling for veterans and their families;
• Family counseling for military-related issues.
• Bereavement counseling for families who experience a death during active service;
• Outreach and education;
• Substance abuse assessment and referral;
• Employment assessment and referral;
• VA benefits explanation and referral;
• Screening and referral for issues including traumatic brain injury and depression.
The Mobile Veterans Center is part of the “Boots on the Ground” initiative and provides outreach and direct services to veterans throughout the country and assists with transitional aid just like the brick-and-mortar veterans centers do.
For information, call 319-378-0016 or visit the website www.vetcenter.va.gov.
Locally, contact Chambers by calling 472-3013 or emailing email@example.com.