Nominations for volunteer of year deadline Nov. 1
The Fairfield Volunteer Center is accepting nominations for Volunteer of the Year through Nov. 1.
“Our Fairfield community is greatly strengthened by the active participation of so many citizens in our civic life,” said Elaine Hughes, executive director of the Fairfield Volunteer Center. “Many of our most cherished activities, projects and organizations could not exist without those of you who volunteer your time and talents to help in some special way. ...
“Among the many wonderful volunteers in our community, there are some who stand out,” she continued. “Some are working quietly, behind the scenes, while others may be more well-known. To help us identify and recognize these individuals, each year the Fairfield Volunteer Center selects one individual to honor as the Volunteer of the Year.”
The award will be presented Nov. 15 during the annual Entrepreneurs Association banquet.
To participate in the selection process, nominate someone who deserves the special recognition. Guidelines to assist in making a nomination are:
• Include your name, phone number and email address.
• Include the nominee’s name, mailing address, phone number and email address.
• List the organizations the nominee has volunteered for and the approximate time frame s/he volunteered.
• List the types of things s/he did and the impact of the work on the community and/or on the ability of the organizations to deliver services.
• Explain what need or community problem the volunteer services addressed.
• Describe anything unique about this nominee’s service, and include any other comments.
For additional information about nominating a person for the Volunteer of the Year award, contact Hughes at the Fairfield Volunteer Center by calling 209-9045 or emailing email@example.com.