Fairfield Ledger
http://fairfield-ia.villagesoup.com/p/955775

Neighbors Growing Together | Nov 1, 2014

Officials say Iowa woman set clothes on fire

Jan 30, 2013

WATERLOO (AP) — Waterloo firefighters say a woman started a mobile home fire by intentionally setting clothes on fire atop a gas stove.

Waterloo television station KWWL reports that the fire was reported shortly after 10:00 p.m. Tuesday.

Firefighters say the woman placed a small pile of clothes on the lit stove and refused to leave the home.

A neighbor helped put out the fire before firefighters arrived.

Officials say the woman was taken to an area hospital for a physical and emotional evaluation. No one was hurt in the fire, and the home sustained little damage.

Comments (0)
If you wish to comment, please login.