Outstanding 4-H leader award nomination available
AMES — Loren Kruse and Successful Farming have partnered with the Iowa 4-H Foundation to present the second annual Loren Kruse/Successful Farming Outstanding 4-H Leader Award. The award honors an individual who has dedicated their time, talents and treasures to ensure that their 4-H club members receive the best 4-H experience possible.
“I will always be grateful for the dedicated volunteer leaders and extension professionals who led America’s 4-H programs,” Kruse once wrote to 4-H supporters. “The people through 4-H made a difference in my life. They taught me life skills that I use every day.”
The nomination parameters are:
• A leader who has inspired a 4-H’er to reach potentials beyond those they thought they could achieve on their own merits; and
• A leader whom has served or is currently serving Iowa 4-H’ers.
Nominees must be nominated by a current or former Iowa 4-H’er. Nominations must be submitted to the Iowa 4-H Foundation by Feb. 1. The nominations will be reviewed by a small group of neutral decision makers who know and understand the 4-H impact. The individual recipient will be selected by criteria standards and notified no later than June 1.
The recipient of the 2014 Loren Kruse/Successful Farming Outstanding 4-H Leader Award will be recognized June 25 at the State 4-H Conference. The recipient will be awarded a certificate and $1,000 to use in one of five ways:
• Travel, registration and hotel costs to attend a Volunteer 4-H Leader’s Forum for continued inspiration;
• Donation back to his or her club for a specific and defined project;
• Donation to his or her county 4-H endowment to support local 4-H youth opportunities;
• Scholarship to a 4-H’er in his or her county for that year; or
• Donation to the Iowa 4-H Foundation in the name of the honored leader.
The nomination application and information can be found on the website www.iowa4hfoundation.org.