Sen. Grassley plans meetings in region
WASHINGTON — Sen. Chuck Grassley has begun a series of meetings with Iowans as the Senate is in a two-week break for Easter.
Grassley said he is holding town meetings that are open to the public and also going to workplaces, service clubs and schools to reach people who may not attend a town meeting.
“Representative government is a two-way street,” he said. “It’s strengthened by dialogue between elected officials and the people we represent.”
Meetings in the region include:
• Keokuk County town meeting, Hedrick Community Center, 8-9 a.m., April 3.
• Ottumwa Job Corps Center, gym, 15229 Truman St., tour facility and questions and answers session with students and employees, 10-11 a.m., April 3.
• Jefferson County town meeting at Libertyville Community Center, 12:30-1:30 p.m., April 3.
• MackayMitchell Envelope Company, Mount Pleasant, tour facility and questions and answers session with employees, 2:45-3:45 p.m., April 3.
• Washington County town meeting, Washington Public Library, Nicola-Stoufer Room, 5-6 p.m., April 3.
• Van Buren County town meeting, Van Buren County Hospital, Conference Room, Keosauqua, 2:45-3:45 p.m. April 4. Grassley will tour the Community Services Center at 3:30 p.m. with town meeting participants.
• Davis County town meeting at Southern Iowa Electric Cooperative, Touchstone Energy Training Center, Bloomfield, 4:45-5:45 p.m. April 4.