Sondheim series momentum continues
The Fairfield Arts & Convention Center announces the 2013-14 Sondheim Center for the Performing Arts Artists Series.
The 2013-14 Sondheim Center Artist Series: Continuing the Momentum will again create opportunities to celebrate, escape and believe and provide magical moments where the performers amaze, inspire and entertain.
Now in its fifth year, the artist series is about celebrating the rich and diverse entertainment that graces the stage and enriches the quality of life. It’s about Broadway national touring shows; Grammy award-winning musicians; exhilarating and virtuosic dance performances; intimate evenings with iconic television personalities; witnessing captivating trapeze artists and spins of acrobats leaving spectators in awe; and music that provides the soundtrack of life.
The 2013-14 Sondheim Artist Series: Continuing the Momentum features the following 20 performances:
• MarchFourth Marching Band — a date, a command, a band on Sept. 7.
• Roy Clark: Pickin’ and Grinnin’ – The ultimate country music entertainer on Sept. 20.
• Ring of Fire – The life and music of Johnny Cash on Oct. 1.
• Ed Asner starring as Franklin Delano Roosevelt on Nov. 2.
• Vienna Boys Choir on Nov. 7.
• ABBA Mania – the best ABBA concert ever on Nov. 14.
• Sons of the Pioneers on Nov. 16
• An Evening with Tracy Lawrence: Unplugged on Jan. 18.
• The Addams Family – A new musical comedy on Jan. 29.
• Mark Nizer’s 4d: A new dimension – Expect the impossible on Feb. 8.
• John Michael Montgomery: Live at the Sondheim on Feb. 15.
• Claddagh – An explosion of Celtic dance and passion on Feb. 16.
• They Called It Rock: Legendary Music in Motion on Feb. 21.
• The Fantasticks: Timeless Fable of Love on March 1.
• Dinosaur Train Live! Buddy’s Big Adventure on March 7.
• Lightwire … The Show – From “America’s Got Talent” on March 13.
• Dragonfly Orchestra on April 4.
• Jimmy Stewart & Friends starring master impressionist Rich Little on April 10.
• The Bronx Wanderers: One Family. One Dream — The ultimate soundtrack of rock ’n’ roll on May 2.
• Cirque Mechanics: Birdhouse Factory – The American circus reinvented in timber, steel and ingenuity on May 18.
“We are very excited to announce the 2013-14 artist series,” said Rustin Lippincott, Fairfield Arts & Convention Center executive director. “This season we have really taken it up a notch with nationally touring, nationally known acts and again with great variety. This season is very exciting and continues the momentum we have been building since our first artist series. It is only fitting to brand our series – ‘Continuing the Momentum.’”
Tickets for the 2013-14 Sondheim Artist Series: Continue the Momentum are available in discounted season ticket packages, discount pick packages of 15-, 10-, six- or three-show options and individual performances. Single tickets range from $15 to $39, with all youth tickets, 18 years or younger $15.
Tickets are on sale for patrons and donors now through a special, pre-sale opportunity and at the Sondheim Ticket Office. Tickets will be available online at www.FairfieldACC.com beginning July 1.
“We are rewarding our patrons and donors for their continued support as we enter our fifth season with a special opportunity to purchase season, pick packages and individual tickets before the general public,” said Lippincott. “Our weekly email had a special link for each performance, which is the pre-sale opportunity. ... The tickets are also available at the ticket office, too, Monday through Friday from noon to 5 p.m. or two hours prior to all performances.”
For more information on the 2013-14 Sondheim Artist Series, including season packages, pick packages, individual tickets, videos and performance descriptions and photos, visit www.Fairfieldacc.com or contact the Ticket Office at 472-2787.