Thursday sporting events called off
Spring sporting events were again hit by cancellations and postponements today thanks to unseasonably cold temperatures and rain. All area changes are listed below:
• Girls’ track meet at Mid-Prairie, which was to include the Fairfield and Pekin girls, has been canceled.
• The Ike Ryan Relays hosted by Eddyville-Blakesburg has been called off, and no make-up date has been scheduled. The Fairfield boys’ track team was scheduled to attend.
• Fairfield’s golf meet against the Mount Pleasant boys has been rescheduled to Monday, April 22. Tee time has been changed to 4 p.m.
• Girls’ soccer games between Fairfield and Keokuk have been postponed and rescheduled to Thursday, May 9, with a 5:30 p.m. start in Fairfield.
• Boys’ soccer games between Fairfield and Keokuk have been postponed and rescheduled to Friday, May 10, with a 5 p.m. start in Keokuk.
• Girls’ tennis dual between Fairfield and Mount Pleasant has been postponed. The meet, which was originally scheduled to take place in Mount Pleasant, has been tentatively rescheduled for Monday, April 29, in Fairfield.
• Boys’ tennis dual between Fairfield and Mount Pleasant has been postponed and rescheduled to Tuesday, April 30, in Fairfield.
• Today’s track meet at Louisa-Muscatine has been postponed and moved to Monday, April 22. Both the Van Buren boys’ and girls’ squads planned to attend.
• The middle school girls’ track meet at Davis County, which the Fairfield teams planned to attend, has been canceled.