Trojan boys’ tennis wins two matches Tuesday
Alexander Punj and Josh Alonso continued to prove themselves a formidable doubles duo Tuesday, defeating Fort Madison’s Wes Bernhardt and Lance Hocker at No. 1 doubles during a Southeast Conference dual in Fairfield.
The Fairfield doubles team claimed a 6-1 win in the first set and capped the match with a 7-5 second set, earning their second straight win in doubles play and third victory overall. Punj and Alonso also won their doubles match against Maharishi School on Monday.
The Tuesday doubles win was one of just two match victories for the Trojans, who fell to the visiting Bloodhounds 7-2. Punj also won his match at No. 1 singles, blasting Jordan Brecount 6-0, 6-1 to bounce back from his first singles loss of the season.
The Trojans (0-6) host Mount Pleasant on Thursday. Start time is set for 4:30 p.m.
Fairfield @ MSAE
1. Punj (FF) def. Brecount (FM) 6-0, 6-1
2. Bernhardt (FM) def. Alonso (FF) 6-1, 6-1
3. Hocker (FM) def. Greiner (FF) 6-1, 6-0
4. Temenak (FM) def. Simpson (FF) 6-0, 6-1
5. Simpson (FM) def. Nicely (FF) 6-1, 6-1
6. Hogan (FM) def. Haile (FF) 6-0, 6-0
7. McMillen (FM) def. Evan Wood (FF) 8-3
1. Punj/Alonso (FF) def. Bernhardt/Hocker (FM) 6-1, 7-5
2. Brecount/Temenak (FM) def. Greiner/Simpson (FF) 6-0, def.
3. Simpson/Hogan (FM) def. Nicely/Haile (FF) 6-3, 6-0