TTT Annual Tour of Homes set Sunday in Mt. Pleasant
MT. PLEASANT — The T.T.T. Annual Tour of Homes in Mt.Pleasant, presented by Chapter D.D., will be 1-5 p.m. Sunday.
The $12 tickets are available at Jerry’s Restaurant and Browns Shoe Fit in Mt Pleasant. Sunday, tour tickets will be available at any of the tour homes and Jerry’s Restaurant.
The tour includes:
• Brazelton Lofts Apartments, is a beautifully restored historic building in downtown Mt. Pleasant.
• Sheila and Gary Allender’s charming home decorated for Christmas in a beautiful country setting 12 minutes from downtown Mt. Pleasant. As an added bonus, Sheila will include her catering kitchen on the tour.
• Danielle and Nathan Scott’s family home is on manicured lot with pond views. It will be decorated for Christmas with a Grinch/Whoville theme.
• Emilie and Nathan Glass’s home, called Somerset, is over 160 years old and was most recently renovated in the 1940s by Emilie’s grandparents ML and Suzanne Dickson. The property was originally purchased and developed by Timothy Whiting, one of the first prominent bankers in Henry County, and the barn on the property has one of his son’s names engraved on a hand-hewn beam. In the 100 years between when Whiting sold the house and when the Dicksons bought it, the property served many purposes, including a state reformatory for juvenile girls, a greenhouse for a major florist and as general farmland.
• Sara and Tim Gray have restored 1867 Italianate in downtown Mt. Pleasant. It was built by local cigar manufacturer William Schliep for his wife Katie and their family. The home boasts many original light fixtures and all original locally harvested walnut mouldings. The owners share stories of restoration projects and tales of the Schliep family.