Volunteers needed for convention center events
The Fairfield Arts & Convention Center and its Stephen Sondheim Center for the Performing Arts are seeking volunteers for several events planned in May.
To volunteer, call Sasha Luse, the ticket office manager and volunteer coordinator, at 472-2787 for details.
• Today: The Bronx Wanderers. Volunteer arrival time is 6:45 p.m. Seating is reserved.
• Thursday: Hwang and Wan Piano Duet. Volunteer arrival time is 6:45 p.m. Seating is general admission.
• May 11: Wyatt Smith Organ Concert. Volunteer arrival time is 6:45 p.m. Seating is reserved.
• May 18: Cirque Mechanics Birdhouse Factory. Volunteer arrival time is 6:45 p.m. Seating is reserved.
• May 19: Sponsorship Party– 4:30-8 p.m. Volunteers will make the final touches for the party; greet guests as they arrive for the 6 p.m. event. Volunteers can hear the season preview presentation and meet the season sponsors, then help clean up the room after the party.
• May 22: Volunteer training for banquets and events is set for 6 p.m. Volunteers will learn what is takes to be a part of the action before and during events.
Luse also said a volunteer appreciation event, including speakers, awards, music and refreshments, is planned for 2 p.m. July 13.