Fairfield Ledger
https://fairfield-ia.villagesoup.com/p/1030113

Mt. Pleasant News   Wash Journal
Neighbors Growing Together | Jul 23, 2017

Fire

Jul 12, 2013

Fairfield Fire Department responded to hay bales on fire at 6:57 p.m. Thursday at 2117 145th St. A bad bearing in a baler overheated and ignited hay. Six firefighters extinguished the fire with water. The loss is estimated at $100 for owner John Gevock. Firefighters returned to the station by 8:20 p.m.

Firefighters responded at 4:57 p.m. Thursday to Fairfield Castings LLC 2211 W. Grimes Ave., about a transformer on fire on the first floor. Coils on the transformer had ignited. Firefighters cut off power to the transformer and extinguished the fire using ABC chemical. The 17 firefighters returned to the station by 7:10 p.m.

Comments (0)
If you wish to comment, please login.