Fairfield Ledger

Mt. Pleasant News   Wash Journal
Neighbors Growing Together | Oct 22, 2017

Pence evacuated for gas leak Wednesday

May 18, 2017

Pence Elementary School students were evacuated at 1:50 p.m. Wednesday due to a small gas leak, according to a press release from Fairfield school superintendent Laurie Noll.

The release stated that a contractor from Frank Millard was working in the basement and nicked a gas line. The contractor notified the main office and students were evacuated immediately as a safety precaution. The students went to Fairfield Middle School while the fire department came to investigate the leak.

The fire department and Alliant Energy checked all areas of the building. An all-clear was given at 2:30 p.m. and students were brought back to the building.

“All procedures went as planned, and a thank you to the Fairfield Fire Department and Alliant for a quick response,” Noll said.

Comments (0)
If you wish to comment, please login.