Fairfield Ledger

Mt. Pleasant News   Wash Journal
Neighbors Growing Together | Oct 20, 2017

Police report August 27, 2014

Aug 27, 2014

The Fairfield Police Department reports the following calls and incidents logged at dispatch:



A caller reported that he was with Trent Dunbar and Mason Simmons at the Kum & Go Convenience Store on West Burlington Avenue. Caller said while he was talking with a friend, Dunbar pumped gas into his truck. Afterward, caller claimed Dunbar and Simmons began yelling at him to get into the vehicle. Caller said he later found out that Dunbar’s card was declined and he took off without paying for the gas. Caller notified police, as he didn’t know what was going on at the time. A Kum & Go representative advised officers that the individuals returned to the store and paid for the gas.



Janelle Bakker advised that her garage had been broken into overnight. Officers observed a popped dead bolt and pry marks on the door. A lawn trimmer, a bicycle and two packs of cigarettes were reported missing. However, Joe Nelson later recovered the bicycle about a block away from Bakker’s home. Nelson said he woke up around 5 a.m. and saw someone in his garage. Because it was dark out, he couldn’t get a good description of the subject. Once he saw a lighter flicker, he opened the door between his house and the garage and the prowler took off. Officers made a report.

Citizen advised that her Samsung tablet was stolen from her purse. Subject informed officers that she has an application on the tablet that will take a picture of whoever opened it. Officers started a case file.

A caller reported that her car had been burglarized. She noticed CDs were missing. Officers made a report.

A citizen reported fraudulent charges made using her credit card. Officers assisted subject with contacting her credit card company. The charges were made in Alabama.

A caller advised that she had a domestic dispute with her ex-boyfriend. She reported that subject continuously yelled at her and put her down. He kicked a television down a flight of stairs. Caller said she asked the male subject to leave several times, but he refused. He finally left the premises. Caller requested officers to call male subject and tell him not to make contact with her again. Male subject called officers later and reported that he had received a call from the female subject and that she shouldn’t be allowed to contact him if he couldn’t contact her. Officers advised both parties to cease making contact with each other.

Comments (0)
If you wish to comment, please login.