Fairfield Ledger

Mt. Pleasant News   Wash Journal
Neighbors Growing Together | Oct 19, 2017

Police report

Aug 05, 2014

The Fairfield Police Department reports the following calls and incidents logged at dispatch:



An accident with possible injuries occurred at the intersection of West Burlington Avenue and 20th Street. Kathleen Shipley was driving a 2011 Ford Fusion northbound through the intersection. Sandra Johnson was driving a 2007 Mazda CX-9. The vehicles collided. Johnson’s vehicle also collided with a vehicle legally parked on private property. Johnson was cited with failure to stop. Damages were incurred at an estimated amount of $6,500.



A caller advised someone broke into the home she was house-sitting. A basement window on the east side of the house was broken. It is unknown as to whether anything was taken. The caller notified the owner. It is believed the alleged burglar may be a friend of one of the homeowner’s children.

A caller reported two men appeared to be removing planks from the railroad bridge. Police located the subjects who were on the eastside of the trestle pulling lumber from deep into the tree line. Authorities reported it was obvious the lumber was discarded by the railroad. They also discovered the men didn’t have permission to be on the property nor did they have permission to retrieve the lumber. Officers spoke with a railroad agent and told him what occurred. The agent said the main concern was if the lumber came from the trestle.

A caller advised there was an accident at the intersection of Second Street and Burlington Avenue. Jerry Ator, who was driving a delivery truck, was southbound on Second Street and turning east onto Burlington Avenue when his vehicle made contact with a female pedestrian walking northbound in the crosswalk of Burlington Avenue. Ator was cited for failure to yield to a pedestrian.

A caller advised that his sister was verbally harassing his fiancee. Caller said his sister would not allow his fiancee to visit. Authorities advised both parties that as long as the caller resided in the home, he had the right to have whomever he chose to visit him there. Later, he called back and said he had to find somewhere else to stay that night. Officers returned the call, but were unable to speak directly with the caller.

Comments (0)
If you wish to comment, please login.